Gambling takes countless various forms. Even bingo and the lotto can be termed as gambling. And although these 2 forms aren’t customarily a problem, other forms of gambling can get extremely addictive. And once you become dependent on gambling, your whole life can be effected for a long time. In can put you deep in debt as well as affect your relationship with relations and friends.
Many times when anyone gets addicted to gambling, it changes his complete capability to address all situations. The gambler can become daft, aggressive and unreasonable. To relieve this scenario some variety of treatment is generally required. But before any of this can occur, the gambler must first acknowledge that there is a problem. Gamblers unnamed has set down some guidelines to help identify somebody with a gambling problem.
- Has your attendance in school or work suffered? If you are late or missing time in school or work, it could be a sign of an issue.
- Is your house life unhappy? If you gamble, is it effecting your life at home?
- Has your reputation changed? Constant gambling can affect the way folk look at you and think about you.
- Winning or Losing – are you feeling guilty? No matter if you win or lose, you can feel guilty from gambling.
- Is gambling a source of necessary income? Do you gamble to pay off other bills? If this is so it can lead to compulsion.
- Is gambling monopolizing your personality? Are some of your good qualities like ambition and potency being influenced due to your gambling?
- have you got the will to win back what you have lost? The sensation of getting back what you have lost can be a sign of gambling addiction.
- Does winning give rise to greed? If you win, are you wanting to gamble again to make even more?
- Did you know when to stop? Do you keep gambling till you are totally out of money or do you set a threshold. If you keep going, you could have a problem.
- Do you borrow from chums so that you can gamble? If you keep losing, do you borrow money from buddies and family so you can return to the table and bet some more?
- Are you selling personal property to get gambling money? If you’re selling things to finance your gambling, then possibilities are, you’ve got a problem.
- Are you isolating your gambling money? If you hesitate or refuse to use your gambling money for anything except gambling, this should be a particularly bad sign.
- Is your family secondary to your gambling? If you’re finding that both you and your folks are becoming secondary thoughts to gambling, then you are potentially too far concerned in this practice.
- Do you play past the point where you planned on stopping? Having difficulty stopping at any specified time is a symptom of a problem.
- Do you use gambling as an escape? Is gambling your way of escaping from problems? If this is the case it may be time to stop.
- Have you considered criminal activity as a way of financing gambling? If you have, then gambling has turned into a problem.
- Are you having trouble sleeping? This can be due to an increased level of gambling.
- Do outside influences make you gamble? Things happening in your life can drive you to gamble to disregard them.
- Do you celebrate events by gambling? Do you use gambling as a means of celebration?
- Have you thought about suicide due to your gambling? The speculation of suicide is a sign of a significant problem.
If you are a gambler with an issue, then you most likely answered’yes’ to 7 of these points. These are some suggestions to help you get out of that gambling rut.
- Only take a stated sum of money with you to bet
- Leave visa cards and the atm card at home.
- Have a strict time limit to how long you will play
- bear in mind that losing is rather more likely than winning
- Do not use any winnings to gamble even more.
- If you run out of money, return home – don’t keep gambling.
- Take somebody with you who will be a sort of designated driver to help give up when you should.