Often the one thing that a beginning player would do well to have after learning the basics and winning a few games are some sound tips to help them be focused. Fundamentally, roulette is a game of probability but there are a few tips that can help improve your chances.
Here are a couple of my top tips for roulette, which although might not make you rich overnight, should put you on the right direction for getting a decent win lose ratio:
– Know the table limits. Each roulette table will have a minimum and maximum betting amount, so don’t go to a table thinking you’d only be betting five dollars and get persuaded to gamble more.
– This leads to my 2nd tip. Only bet what you can afford to. Professional gamers do not bet to show off, they bet to make money, whether that be $2 or $2,000. It is also a good idea to give yourself a set amount of how much you’re ready to lose before walking away, so you don’t have to remortgage the house.
– Get warmed up and get a feel for the table by making minimum bets on either odd or even. It’s simple and gives you that gut feeling of whether you like or dislike the table.
– Be the boss of your own chips. Amateur players frequently allow the dealer to keep their original bet in place while accepting the winning chips they give you. You can move it wherever you wish!
– You would be surprised how many dealers get in to a predictable and routine way of releasing the ball and you can often find it easier to predict where it lands. Some dealers do alternate certain types of releases
– Tips for roulette always include the classic Martingale system. Basically if you lose, you double up the next bet to gain back the loss. The problem being that your losing streak may go beyond your bank balance or you might hit the table limit. It’s better to use this with smaller betting amounts.
– Play European tables with only one zero. It gives you better odds as American tables have two zeros. Both types of tables are found in the US so you don’t have to worry.
– Don’t let your mind trick you. For instance, when six blacks have gone in a row your brain may start wondering (what if it’s a trick, bet black again). Never get in to an argument with your mind.
– Practice on a free fun table.
– Aim to preserve your bankroll. After you have a reasonable amount of winnings, only bet with them and keep your original balance intact. Then the worst that can happen is you go home with your starting balance.
– It is best to play in established online casinos as you can’t see the inner workings of a website. They might not be choosing numbers at random and could just be making you lose every time.
In conclusion, play safe and just have a good time. Enjoy the fun but don’t let it control your life.